Monday, August 14, 2006

NEVER FLY AFTER A TERRORIST ATTACK

Hello everyone. Guess what? Thursday there was an attempted Terrorist Attack in the UK. The so-called terrorists tried using liquid explosives to blow up 10 jets heading to the USA. Luckily, the government and FBI busted the terrorists and all the world is safe again.

It was my lucky day to be traveling on a jet this past Thursday. Total chaos!!! All passengers were told they could not carry liquids in their carry-ons. You say......so big deal. Imagine that you did not know what was going on when you checked in at the airport. The airport agents took away toothpaste, make-up, shaving kits, lip gloss, perfume, pop, water bottles, hair gel, shampoo, etc. You get off the plane and you have not toiletries. You have to go shopping as soon as you hop off your plane.

I was lucky, I had seen the news prior to hopping on the jet. I had everything in my checked luggage. But I was worried that the glass bottles of perfume and liquid make-up would be broken on arrival. All glass bottles made it safely to my destination.

Getting onto the airplane was chaotic also. For whatever reason, the airport changed our boarding gate three times. I was confused by the time it came to boarding the plane.

After getting comfortable in my chair on the plane.........more chaos. Can you handle this crazy story..........it goes on and on???

A husband was sitting far away from his wife and kid. I am about to put my carry-on under the seat. This guy comes running over and in a loud voice says:" Please let me sit in your seat" What you talking about strange guy? He said he is sitting up towards the middle of the plane and he wants me to change seats so he is accross the isle from his wife. OKAY I can do that. I get up and move to my new seat.

With all the crazy things that happened at the airport, my flight was 1 hour late arriving in Kelowna. Da Prince was not there to meet me at the airport. He had waited the extra hour for my plane in his car. Eventually, he showed up inside the airport. I was SO HAPPY to see Da Prince.

Da Prince surprised me by taking me out for dinner. He said White Spot Restaurant had advertised a B.C. Salmon Steak Sandwich. I said..."Eww White Spot....everytime I go to a White Spot Restaurant they are out of items on the menu or they mess up my order. But I will give White Spot one more try".

Pull up to the White Spot and go inside. We sit down and order our Salmon Steak Sandwich. The server says........"so sorry we don't have the Salmon Steak Sandwich, you have to go to the Triple O Restaurant". The Triple O is related to the White Spot. So we hop back into the car and cruise over to the Triple O Restaurant. Bad news, the Triple O we went too is out of the Salmon Steak Sandwich. Now what? I am hungry for fish/seafood.

How about we go to Lord Chumley's Fish Restaurant. Closed.......growl. Over to the British Fish and Chips Restaurant. No luck........they are closed too.......growl. Oh look..........we just went past another Triple O and it is open. We go in to the Triple O and they have Salmon Steak Sandwich.

Let me tell you the Salmon Steak Sandwich was too die for. It was worth the hassle. The good news.........I didn't have to eat at a White Spot Restaurant.

Next blog: The Adventurous Trip To Pick Up the New Kitty The Day After My Experience At The Airport.

P.S.

Racing was exciting Sunday. AJ finished 1st. PT almost finished second. But OH NO.......PT crashed 1 corner from the finish line..........1 corner away from a win. PAINFUL, but an entertaining race.


AJ the winner, picked up PT after his crash and drove PT to the pits.

No comments: