Sunday, October 01, 2006

RUN FOR THE CUTE

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. October 1, 2006 was the CIBC Run For The Cure event.

I was not able to do the 5 k run today, but my wonderful daughter Sharilin was able, and did the run. I was a volunteer instead.

15,000 people showed up @ the Calgary event and raised 1.5 million dollars in pledges. WAY TO GO!!! Let's find a cure quickly.

As a volunteer and a breast cancer survivor (Oct.14th is my 3rd anniversary in remission. Talk about a miracle!!) I was given many gifts today on behalf of The Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation.


Pink t-shirt for survivors.


Picture frame with a Pink Ribbon Quarter for survivors.


A keep sake box filled with chocolates for all that participated in the run.


Oh LOOK.........they taste so yummie, some are eaten up.


Laces for all that participated today.


This is me with a pink ribbon on each cheek.


I purchased this magnet for my jeep.


Pink wrist band for me.

Over all, it was a great day and great fundraiser. Tomorrow I will post pictures of Sharilin and me and some of her friends that participated in the race.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WTG! Too bad the weather wasn't more co-operative, but you did great!