Friday, May 05, 2006

UPDATE

Good news.......I went to the Eye Doctor today.........was worried about needing glasses. NO glasses needed!! Woo hoo. The doctor said I was near-site in one eye and it does not need to be corrected with glasses. He said I did not have any cataracts forming. I take a drug that can cause cataracts.

But let me tell you about the Eye Doctor............unique in personality. I walk in and he says........."My office assistant didn't show up for work. Must be out partying still from the hockey game". Whenever I call his office, he always answers the phones. I think he is on crack.

He does not have a computer. He uses an electric typewritter to fill in my medical chart. Then when he is done with the exam, he gets out his code book to look up the health care code to bill out the services to Alberta Health Care. If he had a computer billing program he would not have to search for his code book. I died laughing at the eye equipment...........think it was from the 60's. And I am sure he is well past 60 years old...........time to retire doc.

He asked me if I was married. Nope I say. He says did your husband leave you because of the cancer? Nope I left my ex-husband years ago. He goes on to tell me that MEN leave all the time and watch out. MEN are not good!!I said my boyfriend met me in the middle of my cancer and he has stuck like glue beside me. The doctor said..............he is a man, he will leave. How funny is that? The doctor has a huge wedding ring on his finger. I was tempted to ask him how many women he has left?

His next subject to inform me about was breast cancer. He says I got it from drinking milk. In the 60's cows were fed steroniods which caused breast cancer in Europe. Thanks for that information. Why then doesn't my sister have breast cancer? She is only a year younger than me? Drank the same milk.

Did you know that 4 out of every 100 men get breast cancer? That was his next subject to inform me about. He said he had a mammogram to check to see if he had breast cancer, but he didn't . He must of drank the same milk as me in the 60's, that is why he had a mammogram. WEIRD

Car had to go the the doctor today also. The car doctor fixed it up good. It needed a new gasket and new front pipe. Now it is quiet again.

Had 3 hours to kill while the car was being fixed. Went shopping and found all the stuff I was looking for yesterday.

All in all a good day :o)

1 comment:

onedayatatime said...

Hi there, I'm a friend of Dawn Blocks, and came to your page thru your comment :) I just wanted to say hi to a "fellow" cancer patient. I have a rare (rare to young people my age) blood cancer called Polycythemia Vera. It's not curabel, but managable thru chemo. Hope you are having a great day today :)