Friday, June 02, 2006

RUN FOR THE CURE

My "Precious Daughter" Sharilin sent me an amazing email tonight. Here is a copy of the email.

Hey guys,
I am going to be doing the CIBC Run for the Cure this October 1st!! It's a definite way to raise awareness and support for the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation. As most of you know, I have been personally touched by Breast Cancer (my mom), and it is a cause that is close to my heart. Finally it seems that things have settled a little in my life that I will be able to do the Run for the Cure this year. If anyone is interested in joining me or donating please let me know! My email address is: miss_shoe@hotmail.com .
I haven't registered as of yet, but am planning to do so next week. So if you'd like to join me, please do! The prizes for raising money are awesome, plus just knowing you're doing something for a great cause is a great motivator. If you'd like to check out some info on the Run or just Breast Cancer itself check out: https://www.cibcrunforthecure.com http://www.cbcf.org)

I am proud of you Sharilin for taking up this cause. I will help you with the fundraising and volunteer at the run. See you there!! Sorry I am not able to run with you.



If that wasn't enough excitement, my friends at the golf course (I work with), informed me that someone is participating in the "Weekend to End Breast Cancer" again. Each walker for this 60 kilometer walk needs to raise a minimun of $2000.00. I hope to be a volunteer at the event this year as a way to support and thank my golf course friends. You have all been beside me from the time of diagnois to recovery with love and support.

http://cl06.endcancer.ca/site/PageServer?pagename=employ

What is the Weekend to End Breast Cancer?The Weekend to End Breast Cancer is simply this - an awesome life changing adventure. During one amazing weekend, July 28-30, 2006 (not the August long weekend), thousands of women and men will unite in Calgary to walk 60 kilometres in a bold display of courage and commitment. It’s a weekend of hope, as we honour lives lost, celebrate survivors, and help bring breast cancer care to those who so desperately need it. This extraordinary weekend is about finding the hero in yourself and discovering strength you never knew you had. The money you raise will benefit the Alberta Cancer Foundation, a leader in the fight against cancer at the Tom Baker Cancer Center and throughout Alberta One in every nine Canadian women will be diagnosed with breast cancer. Maybe someone in your life has been affected - your mother, sister, wife, daughter, son, or a friend. The Weekend to End Breast Cancer is your chance to go the distance in the fight against this disease; it’s your chance to be a hero for someone you love or someone you may never even meet.

Anyone of you blogger fans, friends and family members wanting to donate to this cause, can email me at shebell41@hotmail.com

Ladies, "One in every nine Canadian women will be diagnosed with breast cancer". A monthly self breast exam is essential for your health. Help us all find a cure for this disease......give of your time and money

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Together we can make a difference.