Monday, June 12, 2006

THINKING OF YOU

HAPPY MONDAY
A bible verse that is heavy on my heart today: "Love One Another".


This is a card that was hand delivered to me from the staff at the Vet Clinic where Elijah Blue was treated. I would say that this is going the extra mile and LOVE in action. The staff at the Vet Clinic were patient as I had to make the decision to put Elijah Blue down. They explained the procedure so there was no suprises as Blue passed on. They cleaned up Blue for me and packed him in a box with a blanket and plastic so that I was able to go have a funeral for my baby.

Instead of the Vet and staff treating the death as a procedure, an every day thing, a way to make a living, they wrapped me with compassion, hugs and love. And to honor Blue, they donated their hard earned money in his name to the Morris Animal Foundation. I cried when I was handed the card and read it. Someone would do that for me in my time of grief? AMAZING!!!

One more "Love One Another" story.

My mother is an active alcoholic. She is totally out of control and there isn't a thing anyone can do about it. Well not true.

Let me tell you about my little sister,step brother,AA,Da Prince, family friends, and endless family members that have gone the extra mile to try and save my Mother from herself.

Each person has taken my mom prepared meals. Gone and got groceries for her house. Taken her to the hospital, only to realize my mom didn't want to stay at the hosptial or detox centre.Stopped her from drinking and driving. Prayed non stop for her sobriety. Each person has had to deal with a belligerent rant from my mom. Some have had to deal with my mom injured from a fall in her place, then take her for medical care.

All in all, all these wonderful people continue to love this drunk and stay by her side. They remember that underneath there is a person that once upon a time was sober and a good person. These great people reach out to my sister and myself with support, encouragement and love. To all of you I say "THANK YOU!!"

To Sharon (my little sis), I am sorry that I live so far away. But I am thankful you are there. The endless time and love you invest into people is a testimony to the BIG HEART you have. Never change...........you are perfect the way you are. I LOVE YOU!

No comments: