Thursday, July 13, 2006

I'M BORED

I'm bored.. is a "dangerous" thing for me to say. I seem to get into trouble when I am bored. What to do in a time of boredom? Start a new hobby.

I learned to make stepping stones this week.

Frog


Duck


Tropical


Flowers

As you can tell, the tops of the stepping stones are still damp. They will look better in a day or two.

The fun part was smashing the glass for the stones. I went to a second hand store and bought plates, and glasses. I took them home and beat up the plates and glasses with a hammer inside a pail. Good way to get rid of pent up frustrations.

I also learned a trick for the next round of stepping stones. If you use a spring form cake pan, you can make smoother and better finished stepping stones.

Since I bought a 50 pound bag of cement, I think I will be kept busy for awhile. Boredom shouldn't be an issue this week. (Da Prince..........I need you to come here asap. I can't lift the bag of cement out of my jeep, so I have to make many trips to the jeep and fill a small bowl with cement and then come and mix and pour it into the molds. Then go back down two flights of stairs to the jeep again and again. I am gonna get in shape at this rate).

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIL' SISTER SHARON!!!HOPE YOU HAVE FUN TODAY!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who said you weren't talented?
Great job!
Happy B'Day Sharon!
(And many more!)
If there is any cement left I will move it next time I am in town.
(Thanks for removing some so it is lighter to move)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the b'day wishes, It was a great day. My prince charming bought me a Al Weitzel picture it is called FRIENDS it is GOURGEOUS!!
These are master pieces you made sis, you could make millions selling them, they look awesome. Keep up the good work.