Tuesday, January 24, 2006

F.R.O.G

Did I tell you that I love frogs? Why you ask? I thought you would never ask.

Awhile back, I was at bridal....I mean bible college. For a joke my best friend at college placed a stuffed animal frog under my windshield wiper on my vehicle with a note that said "May you find your prince charming".

Well bridal/bible college was the LAST place on earth I wanted to find a prince charming, never mind a husband. I am happy to report I got out of bridal college single.

Over the years, I have received so many frogs....t-shirts, jewelry, candles, ornaments, garden ornaments, stuffed ones, greeting cards, charms, planters, etc. You get the picture..........I have my own store of frog stuff. The frog stuff was a reminder that I had not found my prince charming yet, so the frogs kept coming in.

One day I met a guy through a friend. We chatted online on and off for several years. One day he decided to come and meet me in person. Some how??? no clue how........he became The Prince Charming.

Since he has come into my life, my ornamental frogs are commiting suicide. The frogs fall off the shelves as he walks in the door at my house.

This is a picture of a frog my Prince gave me. I am happy to report it has not fallen off its shelf or commited suicide. This is my favorite frog;look he has a bottle of coke..........yummie!!!

When I was fighting breast cancer, having a mastectomy and breast reconstruction, I found out that frog was an acronym for: Fully Rely On God. That was what carried me through the battle for my life . I placed a small stuffed frog in my hospital pillow and each time I touched it, I remembered that God was my strength and comfort.

Update: My mommy's visit went well. No fighting and some laughing.

Joke of the day:

Why are frogs so happy? They eat what "bugs" them.

Question of the day?
If you throw a kitten out of a moving car, would it be considered kitty litter?

No comments: