Monday, January 30, 2006

Happy Monday

What is the most embarrassing thing that has happened to you? Feel free to share your story right here.


This is my embarrassing moment. I was working as a supervisor at a restaurant. At the end of the night, I was suppose to close off the visa machine before I left, but I forgot.

I got home that night at 1:00 am from work and was hopping into bed when I realized....Oh No I forgot to close off the visa machine. I couldn't go back to the restaurant alone as that was against company policy and for safety reasons.

The restaurant was opening the next day at 5:30 am so I set my alarm for 5:00 am and got up when the alarm went off. I figured noboby is ever in the restaurant at that time, so I hopped out of bed and ran over to the restaurant in my purple cat pj's. I figured the pj's looked like a sweat suit, so nobody would notice.

Wouldn't you know it? The restaurant is full of customers the minute I show up in my pj's. I went ahead and closed the visa machine and reset it for the day.

People kept coming up to me and saying.........why are you in your pj's at work? Why do you look so bad? I look bad as nobody had ever seen me with my make up off. The General Manager who never shows up before 7 am, decided to come in early. He said to me: "You planning on working in your pj's today?" I had to admit I screwed up and was not working, just fixing the visa machine.

I have never forgotten to reset the visa machine again. And I have never tried showing up at work without my makeup on and dressed in pj's.

Joke of the day:

What's green with red spots?

Question of the day?
If swimming's such good exercise, how come whales are so fat?

2 comments:

Michelle said...

what's the end of the joke? Am I the first one to comment. I'm special..Do I get a door prize or something? That would be cool. I will settle with the answer to the joke. haha.

Sheila said...

Congratulations Michelle!! You are the first to comment. 1st prize ribbon for you. A door is too heavy to send to you via snail mail.

The answer to the joke will be posted the next morning after the original posting...just to keep you coming back for more...hehe.