Saturday, February 25, 2006

HAPPY SNOWY SATURDAY

It is a cool, snowy Saturday and I have cabin fever. What to do? It is snowing so much in Calgary that the driving range at the golf course is closed. So much for going back to work a month early. There is so much snow from Kelowna to Calgary, that we are stuck in BC until further notice.....in other words...........it is stinking winter again and no travel advised.........GROWL!!

I guess it is going to be a weekend of movies and popcorn. Watched Bridget Jones' Diary I last night and will watch Bridget Jones' Diary II tonight. Went out for Chinese food for dinner last night.......it was yummie!!! I made cinnamon buns to kill some time. The boys are getting very pudgy but enjoying the sugar laced delights.

So sad :o( the Olympics are coming to a close. So sad for the Canadian Men's Hockey team......eliminated first game. Good news for the Canadian Athletes.......they have won the most amount of medals for Canada at this Olympics. Canada Rocks!!!

I planted sunflower and several different kinds of flower seeds in peat pots and WOW you should see them.........all sprouted and growing towards the light. "Spring" hurry and get here so the flowers and veggies can come out and play.

Cherie, I made your Bannock recipe. OH was it DELICIOUS!! Stuart makes the best strawberry jam, so we had bannock and strawberry jam.........TO DIE FOR!!! Thanks for the recipe.

Answer to Tuesday's joke: Plutoad.


Joke of the day: How deep is a frog pond?

Question of the day? When sign makers go on strike, is anything written on their signs?

P.S. Thanx living dictionary for fixing my spelling mistakes.




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're welcome! And the answer to the frog joke is: "Knee-deep!"

Sheila said...

da living dictionary.......not only can you spell, but you can figure out the answers to the jokes...AMAZING.

You get the chocolate prize again.......what kind do you desire?

Anonymous said...

Hey "Sis"

Glad to hear you tried the Bannock and enjoyed it. Still have not captured the Gnome who walked off with the recipe after I sent it to you but I am sure he is enjoying it as well. Thank You for sending it back. I have had the chance to make the Bannock with cheese and with raisins and highly recommend to give both a try!
Love "Lil' Sis"

Anonymous said...

This time the chocolate should be either Cadbury Mini Eggs or the Cadbury Chocolate Eggs. 'Tis the Season'

Sheila said...

Hey Lil' Sis,

I think I should post your bannok recipe on the blog along with a pic of the finished product. That o'tta make people drool.

BEWARE: Gnomes are evil.....they wait in hiding and steal almost anything.

Sheila said...

da prince

Your wish is my command. I will get on finding the Easter Bunny to deliver the "Chocolate Mini Eggs" personally to you. How amazing is that?

Anonymous said...

Hey "Sis"

Have you made "Da Prince" the homemade Skor Bar yet? If he and your adoring bloggers like "rot your teeth" sweet this is a for sure treat to make them all drool and coming back for more! But beware the ingrediants will fool everyone into thinking it will not taste good but trust me this very unusual recipe does not last long in my house.

Luv "Lil Sis"

Sheila said...

Hey Lil' Sis

I don't have the Skor recipe....send it my way, please.