Saturday, January 16, 2010

MAUI 2010 3RD DAY

>I cannot walk on my right foot. My left knee and foot is sooooooooo swollen---I have Fred Flinstone feet.

>Tried ice and a tensor bandage but this didn't work.




>Called my insurance company as I am out of Country.




>They set up all the paper work and found me a hospital 30 minutes away from out condo.







>So much fun at the hospital. Friendly staff, quick service and smart doctors.

>Had x-rays done on my knee and foot.

>Good news no broken bones.

>Bad news---knee infection---possible blood clot---sprained right knee, need crutches for a week. Lots of pain killers and strong anti-biotics for 10 days.

>Just for fun, Stuart fell asleep on the beach and got a nasty sun burn.

>This blog is acting up tonight.......all spaced wrong.......what can I do?

>Good news---insurance covered the hospital visit and crutches.I have to send in receipts and then I will get my prescriptions paid for.

>Happy Day :)

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh no!!!! Are you still able to swim? Or is your knee too sore? I don't know if you read in the travel guide or not, but the hospital was not one of their tourist must do's. :( I hope the drugs help you and that they help clear everything up soon. Welcome back to blog world, we've missed you!

white girl said...

Oh no! That is terrible!
I'm so thankful you have travel insurance. I can't imagine what the hospital bill would have been without it!

Get well soon!

Sheila said...

No swimming,as I do not know how to swim. But I can walk in the water with a crutch. I was swimming in the hot tub last night,side to side...lol.

Drugs make me happy for a short time.

Maybe some retail therapy will help me get well quickly?