Thursday, January 14, 2010

Maui 2010

January 12th
>Up at 2:30 am to be at the Calgary Airport for 4:00 am.


>Get to the airport and there is a sign that says: Be at the airport 2.5 hour prior to departure to the USA, but on the website it states be at the airport 3 hours prior to departure.


>7:00 am finally we are in the air..........heading to paradise.


>To get to paradise, we have to fly to Vancouver go through customs and sit in a holding tank to confirm our luggage has been collected and put on the jet to Maui.


>Stress is over, they did not pat me down at Customs. I was scared of that as I DO NOT LIKE STRANGERS TOUCHING ME!!! I was scared I would hit the security guard that patted me down.

>2.5 hour later we are in the air heading to Maui...........ALOHA


> 1 hour late arriving in Maui do to strong head winds. Oh my ears are killing me from the flight.


> PARADISE:MAUI---I am home. Plus 28 above, light winds and sunny. Friendly people in the airport. Time to wait for our luggage and collect our rental vehicle.

> Oh NO!!! Stuart's luggage is damaged!!! So have to put in a claim.


>Now luggage picked up and luggage put in the rental car.


>Stop at Costco and pick up some groceries and lots of alcohol.


>Drive over to our condo.........what a long day. It is 7:00 pm and we are finally here. There is a 3 hour difference in time. Maui is 3 hours behind Calgary.


OUR HOME

No comments: